Here are the keys to successful job interviewing. Job-seekers who follow these simple rules and guidelines should achieve success in this important phase of job-hunting.
Things You DO
1. Turn off your handphone before you go into the interview room.
Things You DON'T
|1. Appear desperate.
2. Smoke before the interview, or smell of garlic or durian.
3. Ramble too much or give irrelevant answers.
4. Answer questions with a simple “yes” or “no”. Do take initiative to elaborate if necessary.
5. Play with your key, hair, tie, watch, etc.
6. Fidget with your hands, drum your fingers, crack your knuckles, scratch your head or keep your hands in your pockets.
7. Enquire about salary at the initial interview.
8. Make derogatory remarks about your present or former employers or school.
9. Comment about the interviewer's office, furnishings, the receptionist, etc.
10. Re-arrange the chair to sit closer to the interviewer!